Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 34
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
2 As well clutch at shadows and chase the wind as put any faith in dreams.
10 Someone who has never had his trials knows little; but the travelled man is master of every situation.
15 Happy the soul of one who fears the Lord. On whom does he rely? Who supports him?
16 The eyes of the Lord watch over those who love him, he is their powerful protection and their strong support, their screen from the desert wind, their shelter from the midday sun, a guard against stumbling, an assurance against a fall.
21 A meagre diet is the very life of the poor, to deprive them of it is to commit murder.
24 If one person prays and another calls down a curse, to which one's voice is the Master going to listen?
25 If someone washes after touching a corpse, and then touches it again, what is the good of his washing?
26 Just so with someone who fasts for sin, and then goes and commits it again. Who is going to hear that person's prayer? What is the good of the self-abasement?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 100:2, 3, 4, 5
Gospel, Luke 8:4-15
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD