Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 33
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
2 No one who hates the Law is wise, one who is hypocritical about it is like a storm-tossed ship.
4 Prepare what you have to say and you will get a hearing, marshal your information before you answer.
8 They have been differentiated in the mind of the Lord, who has diversified the seasons and feasts;
9 some he has made more important and has hallowed, others he has made ordinary days.
10 Human beings come from the ground, Adam himself was formed out of earth;
13 Like clay in the hands of the potter to mould as it pleases him, so are human beings in the hands of their Maker to reward as he judges right.
14 Opposite evil stands good, opposite death, life; so too opposite the devout stands the sinner.
15 Contemplate all the works of the Most High, you will find they go in pairs, by opposites.
16 Although the last to come, I have kept my eyes open like a man picking up what the grape-pickers have left.
20 Neither to son nor wife, brother nor friend, give power over yourself during your own lifetime. And do not give your property to anyone else, in case you regret it and have to ask for it back.
22 better for your children to come begging to you, than for you to have to go begging to them.
24 The day your life draws to a close, at the hour of death, then distribute your heritage.
27 Yoke and harness will bow the neck, for a bad servant, torments and the rack.
28 Set him to work, so that he will not be idle; idleness teaches every kind of mischief.
33 If you ill-treat him and he runs away, which way will you go to look for him?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:8, 9, 10, 15
Gospel, Matthew 25:31-46
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, February 19, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the First Week of Lent - Day 5
- Bl. Alvarez of Corova: Saint of the Day for Monday, February 19, 2018
- Deadly Flu Season: Vaccine only 36 percent effective during worst ...
- Try this fun Lent Quiz today!
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the First Week of Lent - Day 6
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 18th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education