Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 44
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
2 The Lord has created an abundance of glory, and displayed his greatness from earliest times.
3 Some wielded authority as kings and were renowned for their strength; others were intelligent advisers and uttered prophetic sayings.
7 All these were honoured by their contemporaries and were the glory of their day.
9 While others have left no memory, and disappeared as though they had not existed. They are now as though they had never been, and so too, their children after them.
10 But here is a list of illustrious men whose good works have not been forgotten.
17 Noah was found perfectly upright, in the time of retribution he became the heir: because of him a remnant was preserved for the earth at the coming of the Flood.
19 Abraham, the great ancestor of a host of nations, no one was ever his equal in glory.
20 He observed the Law of the Most High, and entered into a covenant with him. He confirmed the covenant in his own flesh, and proved himself faithful under ordeal.
21 The Lord therefore promised him on oath to bless the nations through his descendants, to multiply him like the dust on the ground, to exalt his descendants like the stars, and to give them the land as their heritage, from one sea to the other, from the River to the ends of the earth.
23 the blessing of all humanity; he caused the covenant to rest on the head of Jacob. He confirmed him in his blessings and gave him the land as his inheritance; he divided it into portions, and shared it out among the twelve tribes.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 32:1-2, 5, 11
Gospel, Luke 12:1-7
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Profit For The Common Good
- Daily Readings for Friday, October 20, 2017
- Cardinal shares the Five Keys to Catholic Education
- Daily Reading for Sunday, October 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 23rd, 2017 HD Video
- St. Paul of the Cross: Saint of the Day for Friday, October 20, 2017
- Respecting life demands linking all life issues
- Prisoners use lunch with Pope Francis to escape HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, October 21st, 2017 HD
- Deacon Keith invites you... HD
- It was the Clintons! Clinton family took millions in bribes from Russia to sell off U.S. uranium HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way