Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 44
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
2 The Lord has created an abundance of glory, and displayed his greatness from earliest times.
3 Some wielded authority as kings and were renowned for their strength; others were intelligent advisers and uttered prophetic sayings.
7 All these were honoured by their contemporaries and were the glory of their day.
9 While others have left no memory, and disappeared as though they had not existed. They are now as though they had never been, and so too, their children after them.
10 But here is a list of illustrious men whose good works have not been forgotten.
17 Noah was found perfectly upright, in the time of retribution he became the heir: because of him a remnant was preserved for the earth at the coming of the Flood.
19 Abraham, the great ancestor of a host of nations, no one was ever his equal in glory.
20 He observed the Law of the Most High, and entered into a covenant with him. He confirmed the covenant in his own flesh, and proved himself faithful under ordeal.
21 The Lord therefore promised him on oath to bless the nations through his descendants, to multiply him like the dust on the ground, to exalt his descendants like the stars, and to give them the land as their heritage, from one sea to the other, from the River to the ends of the earth.
23 the blessing of all humanity; he caused the covenant to rest on the head of Jacob. He confirmed him in his blessings and gave him the land as his inheritance; he divided it into portions, and shared it out among the twelve tribes.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8
Gospel, Matthew 5:20-26
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the First Week of Lent - Day 10
- Daily Readings for Friday, February 23, 2018
- 10 emotional prayers for healing and hope in a world of tragedy
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD Video
- Lenten fish recipes: Economical and delicious!
- St. Polycarp: Saint of the Day for Friday, February 23, 2018
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD Video
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 23rd, 2018 HD
- AmericaĂ˘Â€Â™s pastor, Billy Graham passes away, age 99 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education