Genesis - Chapter 22
3 Early next morning Abraham saddled his donkey and took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. He chopped wood for the burnt offering and started on his journey to the place which God had indicated to him.
4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance.
5 Then Abraham said to his servants, 'Stay here with the donkey. The boy and I are going over there; we shall worship and then come back to you.'
12 'Do not raise your hand against the boy,' the angel said. 'Do not harm him, for now I know you fear God. You have not refused me your own beloved son.'
14 Abraham called this place 'Yahweh provides', and hence the saying today: 'On the mountain Yahweh provides.'
16 'I swear by my own self, Yahweh declares, that because you have done this, because you have not refused me your own beloved son,
17 I will shower blessings on you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars of heaven and the grains of sand on the seashore. Your descendants will gain possession of the gates of their enemies.
18 All nations on earth will bless themselves by your descendants, because you have obeyed my command.'
19 Abraham went back to his servants, and together they set out for Beersheba, and Abraham settled in Beersheba.
23 (and Bethuel was the father of Rebekah). These were the eight children Milcah gave Nahor, Abraham's brother.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 80:2-3, 5-7
Gospel, Mark 3:20-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, January 20, 2018
- Most Americans want abortion restricted, if not outlawed
- St. Fabian: Saint of the Day for Saturday, January 20, 2018
- Cardinal Dolan asks the faithful to pray against 'powers of darkness' ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education