Genesis - Chapter 20
5 Did he not tell me himself, "She is my sister"? And she herself said, "He is my brother." I did this with a clear conscience and clean hands.'
7 Now send the man's wife back; for he is a prophet and can intercede on your behalf for your life. But understand that if you do not send her back, this means death for you and all yours.'
9 Then summoning Abraham, Abimelech said to him, 'What have you done to us? What wrong have I done you, for you to bring such guilt on me and on my kingdom? You had no right to treat me like this.'
16 To Sarah he said, 'Look, I am giving your brother a thousand pieces of silver. This will allay suspicions about you, as far as all the people round you are concerned; you have been completely vindicated.'
17 Abraham then interceded with God, and God healed Abimelech, his wife and his slave-girls, so that they could have children,
18 for Yahweh had made all the women of Abimelech's household barren on account of Sarah, Abraham's wife.
Reading 1, Sirach 17:1-15: 1 The Lord fashioned human beings from the earth, to consign ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:13-14, 15-16, 17-18: 13 As tenderly as a father treats his ... Gospel, Mark 10:13-16: 13 People were bringing little children to him, for him to touch ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Your Daily Inspirational Meme: Thank you, Lord, for always being ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, February 26, 2017
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD Video
- 92-year-old woman blessed with gift to help newborns
- St. Isabel of France: Saint of the Day for Sunday, February 26, 2017
- Christians warn against witches 'binding spell' of U.S. President ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 26th, 2017 HD
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South Sudan HD
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.