Genesis - Chapter 36
3 Basemath daughter of Ishmael and sister of Nebaioth.
5 Oholibamah bore Jeush, Jalam and Korah. These were the sons of Esau born to him in Canaan.
6 Esau took his wives, his sons and daughters, all the members of his household, his livestock, all his cattle and all the goods he had acquired in Canaan and left for Seir, away from his brother Jacob.
7 For they had acquired too much to live together. The land in which they were at that time could not support them both because of their livestock.
8 That is why Edom settled in the mountainous region of Seir. Esau is Edom.
12 Eliphaz son of Esau had Timna for concubine and she bore him Amalek. These were the sons of Esau's wife Adah.
19 These were the sons of Esau -- that is, Edom -- and these are their chieftains.
24 These are the sons of Zibeon: Aiah, Anah -- the Anah who found the hot springs in the desert while pasturing his father Zibeon's donkeys.
25 These are the children of Anah: Dishon, and Oholibamah daughter of Anah.
31 These are the kings who reigned in Edom before an Israelite king.
35 Husham died and Hadad son of Bedad succeeded; he defeated the Midianites in Moab, and his city was called Avith.
40 These are the names of the chieftains of Esau -- according to their clans and localities: the chieftains of Timna, Alvah, Jetheth,
43 Magdiel and Iram. These are the chieftains of Edom, as settled in the territory which they own. Esau was Edom's ancestor.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 24:7, 8, 9, 10
Gospel, Mark 3:31-35
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 25th, 2018 HD Video
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- Is God sending a warning? Third megaquake in the year suggests 2018 ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- St. Ildephonsus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Third Mega-quake in three weeks suggests 2018 will be a bad year for ...
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- immaculate conception
- st augustine
- st monica
- saint of the day
- St. Elizabeth
- john bosco
- st catherine
- st. cecilia
- st. paul
- feast days
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 HD
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education