Genesis - Chapter 45
1 Then Joseph could not control his feelings in front of all his retainers, and he exclaimed, 'Let everyone leave me.' No one therefore was present with him while Joseph made himself known to his brothers,
5 But now, do not grieve, do not reproach yourselves for having sold me here, since God sent me before you to preserve your lives.
8 So it was not you who sent me here but God, and he has set me up as a father to Pharaoh, as lord of all his household and governor of the whole of Egypt.
12 You can see with your own eyes, and my brother Benjamin can see too, that I am who I say I am.
13 Give my father a full report of all the honour I enjoy in Egypt, and of all you have seen; and quickly bring my father down here.'
21 Israel's sons did as they were told. Joseph gave them waggons as Pharaoh had ordered, and he gave them provisions for the journey.
22 To each and every one he gave new clothes, and to Benjamin three hundred shekels of silver and five changes of clothes.
23 And to his father he sent ten donkeys laden with the best that Egypt offered, and ten she-donkeys laden with grain, bread and food for his father's journey.
25 And so they left Egypt. When they reached their father Jacob in Canaan,
28 and Israel said, 'That is enough! My son Joseph is still alive. I must go and see him before I die.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 20:1-16
Reading 2, Philippians 1:20-24, 27
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Terrifying mass shooting at Nashville church leaves several injured
- St. Finbar: Saint of the Day for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- In the Kingdom of God No One is Unemployed
- Inspiring martyred Oklahoma priest officially beatified
- Daily Readings for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD