Genesis - Chapter 29
1 Continuing his journey, Jacob reached the Land of the Easterners.
2 And there, out in the open, he saw a well with three flocks of sheep lying beside it; this well was used for watering the flocks. Now the stone on the mouth of the well was a large one,
5 He asked them, 'Do you know Laban son of Nahor?' They replied, 'We do.'
6 Then he asked them, 'Is he well?' 'He is,' they replied, 'and here comes his daughter Rachel with the flock.'
7 Then he said, 'But it is still broad daylight, not the time to round up the animals. Why don't you water the sheep and take them back to graze?'
9 He was still talking to them, when Rachel arrived with her father's flock, for she was a shepherdess.
10 As soon as Jacob saw Rachel, his uncle Laban's daughter, with his uncle Laban's flock, he went up and, rolling the stone off the mouth of the well, watered his uncle Laban's sheep.
11 Jacob then kissed Rachel and burst into tears.
12 He told Rachel he was her father's kinsman and Rebekah's son, and she ran to tell her father.
16 Now Laban had two daughters, the elder named Leah, and the younger Rachel.
17 Leah had lovely eyes, but Rachel was shapely and beautiful,
18 and Jacob had fallen in love with Rachel. So his answer was, 'I shall work for you for seven years in exchange for your younger daughter Rachel.'
20 So Jacob worked for seven years for Rachel, and they seemed to him like a few days because he loved her so much.
25 When morning came, it was Leah! So Jacob said to Laban, 'What have you done to me? Did I not work for you for Rachel? Why then have you tricked me?'
29 (Laban gave his slave-girl Bilhah to his daughter Rachel as her slave.)
32 Leah conceived and gave birth to a son whom she named Reuben, meaning 'Yahweh has seen my misery'; and she said, 'Now my husband will love me.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:6-7, 8-9, 42-43
Gospel, Luke 12:8-12
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope continues work toward reconciliation with Methodists
- St. Hilarion: Saint of the Day for Saturday, October 21, 2017
- Evil George Soros transfers $18 billion to support abortion, destroy ...
- Will Europe return to its Christian roots?
- Daily Readings for Saturday, October 21, 2017
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 23rd, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way