Genesis - Chapter 26
4 I shall make your descendants as numerous as the stars of heaven, and I shall give them all these countries, and all nations on earth will bless themselves by your descendants
6 So Isaac stayed at Gerar.
7 When the people of the place asked him about his wife he replied, 'She is my sister,' for he was afraid to say, 'She is my wife,' thinking, 'The people of the place will kill me because of Rebekah, since she is beautiful.'
8 When he had been there some time, Abimelech the Philistine king happened to look out of the window and saw Isaac fondling his wife Rebekah.
12 Isaac sowed his crops in that country, and that year he reaped a hundredfold. Yahweh blessed him
13 and the man became rich; he prospered more and more until he was very rich indeed.
17 So Isaac left; he pitched camp in the Valley of Gerar and there he stayed.
20 the herdsmen of Gerar disputed it with Isaac's herdsmen, saying, 'That water is ours!' So Isaac named the well Esek, because they had disputed with him.
22 Then he left there, and dug another well, and since there was no dispute over this one, he named it Rehoboth, saying, 'Now Yahweh has made room for us to thrive in the country.'
24 Yahweh appeared to him the same night and said: I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I shall bless you and multiply your offspring for my servant Abraham's sake.
31 Early next morning, they exchanged oaths. Then Isaac bade them farewell and they left him as friends.
35 These were a bitter disappointment to Isaac and Rebekah.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 96:1, 3, 4-5, 7-8, 9-10
Gospel, Matthew 22:15-21
Reading 2, First Thessalonians 1:1-5
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope continues work toward reconciliation with Methodists
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Evil George Soros transfers $18 billion to support abortion, destroy ...
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- St. Pope John Paul II: Saint of the Day for Sunday, October 22, 2017
- Will Europe return to its Christian roots?
- Daily Readings for Sunday, October 22, 2017
- pope francis
- St. John
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- immaculate conception
- st augustine
- st monica
- saint of the day
- St. Elizabeth
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 23rd, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way