Genesis - Chapter 25
7 The number of years Abraham lived was a hundred and seventy-five.
8 When Abraham had breathed his last, dying at a happy ripe age, old and full of years, he was gathered to his people.
17 The number of years Ishmael lived was one hundred and thirty-seven. When he breathed his last and died, he was gathered to his people.
18 He lived in the territory stretching from Havilah-by-Shur just outside Egypt on the way to Assyria, and he held his own against all his kinsmen.
20 Isaac was forty years old when he married Rebekah the daughter of Bethuel the Aramaean of Paddan-Aram, and sister of Laban the Aramaean.
22 But the children inside her struggled so much that she said, 'If this is the way of it, why go on living?' So she went to consult Yahweh,
24 When the time came for her confinement, there were indeed twins in her womb.
33 Then Jacob said, 'First give me your oath'; he gave him his oath and sold his birthright to Jacob.
Reading 1, Exodus 3:11-20: 11 Moses said to God, 'Who am I to go to Pharaoh and bring the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:5, 8-9, 24-25, 26-27: 5 Remember the marvels he has done, ... Gospel, Matthew 11:28-30: 28 'Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Margaret of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Gruesome case of mass child abuse reveals 547 boys victimized at ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- President Trump is working hard compared to his predecessors, so why ...
- Two Catholic priests kidnapped after violent attack by 10 assailants
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 HD