Genesis - Chapter 33
4 But Esau ran to meet him, took him in his arms, threw himself on his neck and wept as he kissed him.
9 'Brother, I have plenty,' Esau answered, 'keep what is yours.'
15 Esau then said, 'At least let me leave you some of the people who are with me.' 'What for?' Jacob asked. 'Please indulge me, my lord!'
16 So that day Esau turned back towards Seir,
17 but Jacob made his way to Succoth, where he built himself a house and made shelters for his livestock; that is why the place was given the name of Succoth.
20 There he erected an altar which he called 'El, God of Israel'.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6
Gospel, Luke 11:47-54
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Deacon Keith invites you... HD Video
- Being Christian now more dangerous than ever as persecution reaches ...
- It was the Clintons! Clinton family took millions in bribes from ...
- Sts. Isaac Jogues and Rene Goupil: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Wealthy donors seek to destroy your religious freedom
- Secretary denies Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is close to passing
- Daily Readings for Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, October 20th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want to know HD
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way