Genesis - Chapter 9
1 God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, 'Breed, multiply and fill the earth.
3 Every living thing that moves will be yours to eat, no less than the foliage of the plants. I give you everything,
5 And I shall demand account of your life-blood, too. I shall demand it of every animal, and of man. Of man as regards his fellow-man, I shall demand account for human life.
8 God spoke as follows to Noah and his sons,
12 'And this', God said, 'is the sign of the covenant which I now make between myself and you and every living creature with you for all ages to come:
13 I now set my bow in the clouds and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
15 I shall recall the covenant between myself and you and every living creature, in a word all living things, and never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all living things.
17 'That', God told Noah, 'is the sign of the covenant I have established between myself and all living things on earth.'
18 The sons of Noah who came out of the ark were Shem, Ham and Japheth-Ham being the father of Canaan.
23 Shem and Japheth took a cloak and they both put it over their shoulders, and walking backwards, covered their father's nakedness; they kept their faces turned away, and they did not look at their father naked.
24 When Noah awoke from his stupor he learned what his youngest son had done to him,
26 He added: Blessed be Yahweh, God of Shem, let Canaan be his slave!
28 After the flood Noah lived three hundred and fifty years.
29 In all, Noah's life lasted nine hundred and fifty years; then he died.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6
Gospel, Matthew 16:13-19
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Six great meatless soup recipes for Lent
- Lenten fish recipes: Economical and delicious!
- 10 emotional prayers for healing and hope in a world of tragedy
- America's pastor, Billy Graham passes away, age 99 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 23rd, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, February 22, 2018
- St. Margaret of Cortona: Saint of the Day for Thursday, February 22, 2018
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 22nd, 2018 HD
- Cleaning products could be damaging to your health HD
- St. Patrick HD
- Deadly Flu Season: Vaccine only 36 percent effective during worst season in years HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education