Genesis - Chapter 40
1 It happened some time later that the king of Egypt's cup-bearer and his baker offended their master the king of Egypt.
3 and put them in custody in the house of the commander of the guard, in the gaol where Joseph was a prisoner.
4 The commander of the guard assigned Joseph to them to attend to their wants, and they remained in custody for some time.
6 When Joseph came to them in the morning, he saw that they looked gloomy,
8 They replied, 'We have each had a dream, but there is no one to interpret it.' 'Are not interpretations God's business?' Joseph asked them. 'Tell me about them.'
12 'This is what it means,' Joseph told him. 'The three branches are three days.
14 But be sure to remember me when things go well with you, and keep faith with me by kindly reminding Pharaoh about me, to get me out of this house.
15 I was kidnapped from the land of the Hebrews in the first place, and even here I have done nothing to warrant being put in the dungeon.'
22 and by hanging the chief baker, as Joseph had explained to them.
Reading 1, Jeremiah 20:10-13: 10 I heard so many disparaging me, 'Terror on every side! ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 69:8-10, 14, 17, 33-35: 8 I am estranged from my brothers, ... Gospel, Matthew 10:26-33: 26 'So do not be afraid of them. Everything now covered up will ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD