Genesis - Chapter 40
1 It happened some time later that the king of Egypt's cup-bearer and his baker offended their master the king of Egypt.
3 and put them in custody in the house of the commander of the guard, in the gaol where Joseph was a prisoner.
4 The commander of the guard assigned Joseph to them to attend to their wants, and they remained in custody for some time.
6 When Joseph came to them in the morning, he saw that they looked gloomy,
8 They replied, 'We have each had a dream, but there is no one to interpret it.' 'Are not interpretations God's business?' Joseph asked them. 'Tell me about them.'
12 'This is what it means,' Joseph told him. 'The three branches are three days.
14 But be sure to remember me when things go well with you, and keep faith with me by kindly reminding Pharaoh about me, to get me out of this house.
15 I was kidnapped from the land of the Hebrews in the first place, and even here I have done nothing to warrant being put in the dungeon.'
22 and by hanging the chief baker, as Joseph had explained to them.
Reading 1, Acts 6:1-7: 1 About this time, when the number of disciples was increasing, the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 33:1-2, 4-5, 18-19: 1 Shout for joy, you upright; praise comes ... Gospel, John 6:16-21: 16 That evening the disciples went down to the shore of the sea17 ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- It feels great to win! Here's the list of things President Trump has ...
- Daily Readings for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- St. Catherine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Report claims extreme weather on DECLINE - but is someone lying?
- 'Acid is now a fashionable weapon of choice' - Britain averages one ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.