Genesis - Chapter 40
1 It happened some time later that the king of Egypt's cup-bearer and his baker offended their master the king of Egypt.
3 and put them in custody in the house of the commander of the guard, in the gaol where Joseph was a prisoner.
4 The commander of the guard assigned Joseph to them to attend to their wants, and they remained in custody for some time.
6 When Joseph came to them in the morning, he saw that they looked gloomy,
8 They replied, 'We have each had a dream, but there is no one to interpret it.' 'Are not interpretations God's business?' Joseph asked them. 'Tell me about them.'
12 'This is what it means,' Joseph told him. 'The three branches are three days.
14 But be sure to remember me when things go well with you, and keep faith with me by kindly reminding Pharaoh about me, to get me out of this house.
15 I was kidnapped from the land of the Hebrews in the first place, and even here I have done nothing to warrant being put in the dungeon.'
22 and by hanging the chief baker, as Joseph had explained to them.
Reading 1, Isaiah 56:1, 6-7: 1 Thus says Yahweh: Make fair judgement your concern, act ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8: 2 Then the earth will acknowledge your ways, ... Gospel, Matthew 15:21-28: 21 Jesus left that place and withdrew to the region of Tyre and ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- New Jersey Mayor dismantles shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux: Saint of the Day for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- Daily Readings for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD