Genesis - Chapter 5
3 When Adam was a hundred and thirty years old he fathered a son, in his likeness, after his image, and he called him Seth.
5 In all, Adam lived for nine hundred and thirty years; then he died.
21 When Enoch was sixty-five years old he fathered Methuselah.
22 Enoch walked with God. After the birth of Methuselah, Enoch lived for three hundred years and he fathered sons and daughters.
23 In all, Enoch lived for three hundred and sixty-five years.
24 Enoch walked with God, then was no more, because God took him.
25 When Methuselah was a hundred and eighty-seven years old he fathered Lamech.
26 After the birth of Lamech, Methuselah lived for seven hundred and eighty-two years and he fathered sons and daughters.
27 In all, Methuselah lived for nine hundred and sixty-nine years; then he died.
32 When Noah was five hundred years old he fathered Shem, Ham and Japheth.
Reading 1, Exodus 14:5-18: 5 When Pharaoh king of Egypt was told that the people had fled, ... Responsorial Psalm, Exodus 15:1-2, 3-4, 5-6: 1 It was then that Moses and the Israelites ... Gospel, Matthew 12:38-42: 38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees spoke up. 'Master,' ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD Video
- Oh no! Is El Nino coming back to California?
- Scientists discover elusive 'Angel Particles' are real
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD Video
- St. James the Greater: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- Will We Use Our Ears To Hear?
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat of ISIS HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD