Genesis - Chapter 5
3 When Adam was a hundred and thirty years old he fathered a son, in his likeness, after his image, and he called him Seth.
5 In all, Adam lived for nine hundred and thirty years; then he died.
21 When Enoch was sixty-five years old he fathered Methuselah.
22 Enoch walked with God. After the birth of Methuselah, Enoch lived for three hundred years and he fathered sons and daughters.
23 In all, Enoch lived for three hundred and sixty-five years.
24 Enoch walked with God, then was no more, because God took him.
25 When Methuselah was a hundred and eighty-seven years old he fathered Lamech.
26 After the birth of Lamech, Methuselah lived for seven hundred and eighty-two years and he fathered sons and daughters.
27 In all, Methuselah lived for nine hundred and sixty-nine years; then he died.
32 When Noah was five hundred years old he fathered Shem, Ham and Japheth.
Reading 1, Sirach 17:1-15: 1 The Lord fashioned human beings from the earth, to consign ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:13-14, 15-16, 17-18: 13 As tenderly as a father treats his ... Gospel, Mark 10:13-16: 13 People were bringing little children to him, for him to touch ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Your Daily Inspirational Meme: Thank you, Lord, for always being ...
- Christians warn against witches 'binding spell' of U.S. President ...
- 92-year-old woman blessed with gift to help newborns
- St. Isabel of France: Saint of the Day for Sunday, February 26, 2017
- Daily Readings for Sunday, February 26, 2017
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 26th, 2017 HD
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South Sudan HD
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.