Genesis - Chapter 11
5 Now Yahweh came down to see the city and the tower that the people had built.
6 'So they are all a single people with a single language!' said Yahweh. 'This is only the start of their undertakings! Now nothing they plan to do will be beyond them.
10 These are Shem's descendants: When Shem was a hundred years old he fathered Arpachshad, two years after the flood.
11 After the birth of Arpachshad, Shem lived five hundred years and fathered sons and daughters.
31 Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law the wife of Abram, and made them leave Ur of the Chaldaeans to go to the land of Canaan. But on arrival in Haran they settled there.
32 Terah's life lasted two hundred and five years; then he died at Haran.
Reading 1, Acts 6:1-7: 1 About this time, when the number of disciples was increasing, the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 33:1-2, 4-5, 18-19: 1 Shout for joy, you upright; praise comes ... Gospel, John 6:16-21: 16 That evening the disciples went down to the shore of the sea17 ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Report claims extreme weather on DECLINE - but is someone lying?
- St. Catherine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Daily Readings for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- It feels great to win! Here's the list of things President Trump has ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- 'Acid is now a fashionable weapon of choice' - Britain averages one ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.