Exodus - Chapter 6
2 God spoke to Moses and said to him, 'I am Yahweh.
6 So say to the Israelites, "I am Yahweh. I shall free you from the forced labour of the Egyptians; I shall rescue you from their slavery and I shall redeem you with outstretched arm and mighty acts of judgement.
8 Then I shall lead you into the country which I swore I would give to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and shall give it to you as your heritage, I, Yahweh." '
11 'Go to Pharaoh, king of Egypt, and tell him to let the Israelites leave his country.'
18 The sons of Kohath: Amram, Izhar, Hebron and Uzziel. Kohath lived for a hundred and thirty-three years.
20 Amram married Jochebed, his aunt, who bore him Aaron and Moses. Amram lived for a hundred and thirty-seven years.
23 Aaron married Elisheba daughter of Amminadab and sister of Nahshon, and she bore him Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.
29 Yahweh said to Moses, 'Tell Pharaoh king of Egypt everything that I am going to say to you.'
30 But Moses said to Yahweh's face, 'I am a poor speaker, so why should Pharaoh take any notice of me?'
Reading 1, Acts 4:23-31: 23 As soon as they were released they went to the community and ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 2:1-3, 4-6, 7-9: 1 Why this uproar among the nations, this ... Gospel, John 3:1-8: 1 There was one of the Pharisees called Nicodemus, a leader of the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- All The Earth Will Sing Your Praises
- Michigan doctors charged in America's first genital mutilation case - ...
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, April 24, 2017
- Ron Howard and Henry Winkler mourn the loss of 'Happy Days' costar ...
- St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen: Saint of the Day for Monday, April 24, 2017
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 24th, 2017 HD
- Intro to the Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.