Exodus - Chapter 6
2 God spoke to Moses and said to him, 'I am Yahweh.
6 So say to the Israelites, "I am Yahweh. I shall free you from the forced labour of the Egyptians; I shall rescue you from their slavery and I shall redeem you with outstretched arm and mighty acts of judgement.
8 Then I shall lead you into the country which I swore I would give to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and shall give it to you as your heritage, I, Yahweh." '
11 'Go to Pharaoh, king of Egypt, and tell him to let the Israelites leave his country.'
18 The sons of Kohath: Amram, Izhar, Hebron and Uzziel. Kohath lived for a hundred and thirty-three years.
20 Amram married Jochebed, his aunt, who bore him Aaron and Moses. Amram lived for a hundred and thirty-seven years.
23 Aaron married Elisheba daughter of Amminadab and sister of Nahshon, and she bore him Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.
29 Yahweh said to Moses, 'Tell Pharaoh king of Egypt everything that I am going to say to you.'
30 But Moses said to Yahweh's face, 'I am a poor speaker, so why should Pharaoh take any notice of me?'
Reading 1, Exodus 14:5-18: 5 When Pharaoh king of Egypt was told that the people had fled, ... Responsorial Psalm, Exodus 15:1-2, 3-4, 5-6: 1 It was then that Moses and the Israelites ... Gospel, Matthew 12:38-42: 38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees spoke up. 'Master,' ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Why are all these Catholic women coming to New Mexico?
- We all have EVIL in us!: Pope Francis makes strong statement ...
- St. John Boste: Saint of the Day for Monday, July 24, 2017
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, July 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Social Cleansing': Is Philippines President Duterte guilty of human ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD