Exodus - Chapter 31
1 Yahweh then spoke to Moses and said,
9 the altar of burnt offerings and all its accessories; the basin and its stand;
13 'Speak to the Israelites and say, "You will keep my Sabbaths properly, for this is a sign between myself and you for all your generations to come, so that you will know that it is I, Yahweh, who sanctify you.
18 When he had finished speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him the two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone inscribed by the finger of God.
Reading 1, Genesis 12:1-9: 1 Yahweh said to Abram, 'Leave your country, your kindred and ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 33:12-13, 18-19, 20, 22: 12 How blessed the nation whose God is ... Gospel, Matthew 7:1-5: 1 'Do not judge, and you will not be judged;2 because the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD Video
- Supreme Court sides with church in playground case
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Vatican asks for the release of bishop forcibly removed from diocese
- St. Cyril of Alexandria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Is Atheism a religion?
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD