Exodus - Chapter 4
1 Moses replied as follows, 'But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my words, and say to me, "Yahweh has not appeared to you"?'
6 Next, Yahweh said to him, 'Put your hand inside your tunic.' He put his hand inside his tunic, then drew it out again: and his hand was diseased, white as snow.
7 Yahweh then said, 'Put your hand back inside your tunic.' He put his hand back inside his tunic and when he drew it out, there it was restored, just like the rest of his flesh.
8 'Even so: should they not believe you nor be convinced by the first sign, the second sign will convince them;
9 but should they not be convinced by either of these two signs and refuse to listen to what you say, you are to take some water from the River and pour it on the ground, and the water you have taken from the River will turn to blood on the dry land.'
13 'Please, my Lord,' Moses replied, 'send anyone you decide to send!'
14 At this, Yahweh's anger kindled against Moses, and he said to him, 'There is your brother Aaron the Levite, is there not? I know that he is a good speaker. Here he comes to meet you. When he sees you, his heart will be full of joy.
15 You will speak to him and tell him what message to give. I shall help you speak, and him too, and instruct you what to do.
17 And take this staff in your hand; with this you will perform the signs.'
18 Moses went back to his father-in-law Jethro and said to him, 'Give me leave to return to my kinsmen in Egypt and see if they are still alive.' And Jethro said to Moses, 'Go in peace.'
19 Yahweh said to Moses in Midian, 'Go, return to Egypt, for all those who wanted to kill you are dead.'
21 Yahweh said to Moses, 'Think of the wonders I have given you power to perform, once you are back in Egypt! You are to perform them before Pharaoh, but I myself shall make him obstinate, and he will not let the people go.
23 I told you: Let my son go and worship me; but since you refuse to let him go, well then! I shall put your first-born son to death." '
24 On the journey, when he had halted for the night, Yahweh encountered him and tried to kill him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 40:7-8, 8-9, 10, 17
Gospel, Luke 12:35-38
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Skeptic explores demonic possession, admits it can be 'very real' HD ...
- Are you called to be a missionary? The answer is YES YOU ARE!
- Pope Francis speaks about putting God first and reality
- Skeptic filmmaker explores demonic possession, admits it can be 'very ...
- St. Anthony Mary Claret: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way