Jeremiah - Chapter 22
2 "Listen to the word of Yahweh, king of Judah now occupying the throne of David, you, your officials and your people who go through these gates.
3 Yahweh says this: Act uprightly and justly; rescue from the hands of the oppressor anyone who has been wronged, do not exploit or ill-treat the stranger, the orphan, the widow; shed no innocent blood in this place.
4 For if you are scrupulous in obeying this command, then kings occupying the throne of David will continue to make their entry through the gates of this palace riding in chariots or on horseback, they, their officials and their people.
5 But if you do not listen to these words, then I swear by myself, Yahweh declares, this palace shall become a ruin!
13 'Disaster for the man who builds his house without uprightness, his upstairs rooms without fair judgement, who makes his fellow-man work for nothing, without paying him his wages,
16 He used to examine the cases of poor and needy, then all went well. Is not that what it means to know me? Yahweh demands.
17 You on the other hand have eyes and heart for nothing but your own interests, for shedding innocent blood and perpetrating violence and oppression.'
18 That is why Yahweh says this about Jehoiakim son of Josiah, king of Judah: 'No lamenting for him, "My poor brother! My poor sister!" No lamenting for him, "His poor lordship! His poor majesty!"
19 He will have a donkey's funeral -- dragged away and thrown out of the gates of Jerusalem.'
20 'Climb the Lebanon range and shriek, raise your voice in Bashan, shriek from the Abarim, for all your lovers have been ruined!
21 I spoke to you in your prosperity, but you said, "I will not listen!" From your youth this has been how you behaved, refusing to listen to my voice.
26 I shall hurl you and the mother who bore you into another country; you were not born there but you will both die there.
27 They will not return to the country to which they desperately long to return.'
28 Is he a shoddy broken pot, this man Coniah, a crock that no one wants? Why are he and his offspring ejected, hurled into a country they know nothing of?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 100:2, 3, 4, 5
Gospel, Luke 8:4-15
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- st paul
- pictures of saints
- john the baptist
- saint anne
- hail holy queen
- saint elizabeth
- saint paul
- saint christopher
- st mary
- nicene creed
- our lady of guadalupe
- saint francis of assisi
- young children
- Saint Nicole
- st. michael
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD