Jeremiah - Chapter 17
1 'The sin of Judah is written with an iron pen, engraved with a diamond point on the tablet of the heart and on the horns of their altars,
2 while their children remember their altars and their sacred pole beside the green trees, on the lofty hills.
3 My mountain on the plain, your wealth and all your treasures I shall hand over to be plundered, because of the sin of your high places throughout your territory.
5 Yahweh says this, 'Accursed be anyone who trusts in human beings, who relies on human strength and whose heart turns from Yahweh.
7 'Blessed is anyone who trusts in Yahweh, with Yahweh to rely on.
8 Such a person is like a tree by the waterside that thrusts its roots to the stream: when the heat comes it has nothing to fear, its foliage stays green; untroubled in a year of drought, it never stops bearing fruit.
10 I, Yahweh, search the heart, test the motives, to give each person what his conduct and his actions deserve.
17 Do not be a terror to me, you, my refuge in time of disaster.
19 Yahweh said this to me, 'Go and stand at the Gate of the Sons of the People by which the kings of Judah go in and out -- and at all the gates of Jerusalem.
21 Yahweh says this: As you value your lives, on no account carry a burden on the Sabbath day or bring it in through the gates of Jerusalem.
25 then, through the gates of this city, kings and princes occupying the throne of David will continue to make their entry, riding in chariots or on horseback, they, their chief men, the people of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. And this city will be inhabited for ever.
26 They will come from the towns of Judah, from the districts round Jerusalem, from the territory of Benjamin, from the lowlands, from the highlands, from the Negeb, to offer burnt offering and sacrifice, and cereal offering and incense, to offer thanksgiving sacrifices in the Temple of Yahweh.
27 But if you do not listen to me to keep the Sabbath day holy, and to refrain from entering the gates of Jerusalem with burdens on the Sabbath day, then I shall set fire to its gates; fire will devour the palaces of Jerusalem and not be quenched." '
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 49:6-7, 8-10, 17-18, 19-20
Gospel, Luke 8:1-3
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Daily Readings for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- St. Padre Pio: Saint of the Day for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD
Fast Burning Virtual Prayer Candle
Your contribution helps to maintain this corner of Catholic ... @ $15.00