Jeremiah - Chapter 6
1 Flee in a body, Benjaminites, right away from Jerusalem! Sound the trumpet in Tekoa! Light the beacon on Beth-ha-Cherem! For disaster lowers from the north, an immense calamity.
4 Prepare for holy war against her! To arms! We shall attack at noon! Disaster for us! The light is fading, the evening shadows lengthen.
7 As a well keeps its water fresh so she keeps her wickedness fresh. Violence and ruin are what you hear in her, wounds and blows always forced on my attention.
11 So I am full of Yahweh's wrath, I am weary of holding it in. Then pour it on the children in the streets, and on the bands of youths as well, for husband and wife will both be taken, the greybeard and the man weighed down with years.
13 For, from the least to greatest, they are all greedy for gain; prophet no less than priest, all of them practise fraud.
15 They should be ashamed of their loathsome deeds. Not they! They feel no shame, they do not even know how to blush. And so as others fall, they too will fall, will be thrown down when I come and punish them, Yahweh says.
17 I posted look-outs on your behalf: Listen to the sound of the trumpet! But they said, "We will not listen."
23 they are armed with bow and spear, they are cruel and pitiless; their noise is like the roaring of the sea; they are riding horses, they are ready to fight against you as one man, against you, daughter of Zion.
24 We have heard the news, our hands fall limp, anguish has gripped us, pain like that of a woman in labour.
30 "Silver-reject", men call them, and indeed Yahweh has rejected them!'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 24:7, 8, 9, 10
Gospel, Mark 3:31-35
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 25th, 2018 HD Video
- Third Mega-quake in three weeks suggests 2018 will be a bad year for ...
- St. Francis de Sales: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- Is God sending a warning? Third megaquake in the year suggests 2018 ...
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 HD
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education