Jeremiah - Chapter 12
1 Your uprightness is too great, Yahweh, for me to dispute with you. But I should like to discuss some points of justice with you: Why is it that the way of the wicked prospers? Why do all treacherous people thrive?
4 (How long will the land be in mourning, and the grass wither all over the countryside? The animals and birds are dying as a result of the wickedness of the inhabitants.) For they say, 'God does not see our fate.'
14 Yahweh says this, 'As regards all my evil neighbours who have laid hands on the heritage I granted my people Israel, look, I shall uproot them from their soil, (though I shall uproot the House of Judah from among them).
17 But if any nation refuses to listen, I shall uproot it for ever and destroy it, Yahweh declares.'
Reading 1, Exodus 20:1-17: 1 Then God spoke all these words. He said,2 'I am Yahweh your ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:8, 9, 10, 11: 8 The precepts of Yahweh are honest, joy for ... Gospel, Matthew 13:18-23: 18 'So pay attention to the parable of the sower.19 When anyone ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Can the Church foster peace in the Holy Land?
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Cardinal Pell faces court for the first time in Australia
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD