Jeremiah - Chapter 7
1 The word that came to Jeremiah from Yahweh, saying,
4 Do not put your faith in delusive words, such as: This is Yahweh's sanctuary, Yahweh's sanctuary, Yahweh's sanctuary!
8 Look, you are putting your faith in delusive, worthless words!
9 Steal, would you, murder, commit adultery, perjure yourselves, burn incense to Baal, follow other gods of whom you know nothing? -
10 and then come and stand before me in this Temple that bears my name, saying: Now we are safe to go on doing all these loathsome things!
13 And now, since you have done all these things, Yahweh declares, and refused to listen when I spoke so urgently, so persistently, or to answer when I called you,
14 I shall treat this Temple that bears my name, and in which you put your heart, the place that I gave you and your ancestors, just as I treated Shiloh,
19 Is it really me they spite, Yahweh demands, is it not in fact themselves, to their own confusion?
22 For when I brought your ancestors out of Egypt, I said nothing to them, gave them no orders, about burnt offerings or sacrifices.
25 From the day your ancestors left Egypt until today, I have sent you all my servants the prophets, persistently sending them day after day.
29 "Cut off your tresses, throw them away! On the bare heights raise a dirge, for Yahweh has rejected, has abandoned, a brood that enrages him!"
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 144:1, 2, 9-10
Gospel, Mark 3:1-6
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- North and South Korea agree to march together at the Olympics with ...
- President Trump declares 'Religious Freedom Day'
- Daily Readings for Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Daily Reading for Friday, January 19th, 2018 HD Video
- North and South Korea agree to march together at Olympics -- is that ...
- Pope Francis in Chile: the beatitudes are sources of hope!
- St. Volusian: Saint of the Day for Thursday, January 18, 2018
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become more severe HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 HD
- Twitter Ban: Censorship on "a way of talking" -- does that include Christian speech? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way