Jeremiah - Chapter 37
4 Now Jeremiah was still moving freely among the people: he had not yet been put in prison.
10 Even if you cut to pieces the whole Chaldaean army now fighting against you until there were only the wounded left, they would stand up again, each man in his tent, to burn this city down." '
11 At the time when the Chaldaean army, threatened by Pharaoh's army, had raised the siege of Jerusalem,
14 Jeremiah answered, 'It is a lie! I am not deserting to the Chaldaeans.' But Irijah would not listen to Jeremiah and took him under arrest to the chief men.
17 Later, King Zedekiah had him sent for, and the king questioned him privately in his palace. 'Is there any word from Yahweh?' he asked. 'There is,' Jeremiah answered, and added, 'you will be handed over to the king of Babylon.'
19 Where are your prophets now who prophesied, "The king of Babylon will not attack you or this country"?
20 So now I beg you to hear me, my lord king! I beg you to approve my request! Do not have me taken back to the house of the scribe Jonathan, or I shall die there.'
21 King Zedekiah then gave an order, and Jeremiah was confined in the Court of the Guard and given a loaf of bread a day from the Street of the Bakers as long as there was bread left in the city. So Jeremiah stayed in the Court of the Guard.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 8, 10
Gospel, Matthew 11:28-30
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Bioscience firms admit trafficking illegal fetal body parts - How ...
- St. John of the Cross: Saint of the Day for Thursday, December 14, 2017
- Could it be an alien spacecraft? Scientists listening today for ...
- Pope Francis: Our Lady reveals everyone has a place in the Church
- Daily Readings for Thursday, December 14, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, December 15th, 2017 HD Video
- NO, you may NOT venerate the apparitions in Medjugorje
- Is Facebook ripping apart human civilization? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, December 14th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 HD
- Attempted terror attack fails in Manhattan as pipe bomb explodes early HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way