Jeremiah - Chapter 10
5 Like scarecrows in a melon patch, they cannot talk, they have to be carried, since they cannot walk. Have no fear of them: they can do no harm -- nor any good either!'
10 But Yahweh is the true God. He is the living God, the everlasting King. The earth quakes when he is wrathful, the nations cannot endure his fury.
11 'Tell them this, "The gods who did not make the heavens and the earth will vanish from the earth and from under these heavens." '
12 By his power he made the earth, by his wisdom set the world firm, but his discernment spread out the heavens.
18 For Yahweh says this, 'Now I shall throw out the inhabitants of the country, this time, and bring distress on them, so that they may find me!'
24 Correct me, Yahweh, but with moderation, not in your anger, or you will reduce me to nothing.
25 Pour out your anger on the nations who do not acknowledge you, and on the families that do not call on your name, for they have devoured Jacob, have devoured and made an end of him and reduced his home to desolation.
Reading 1, Joshua 3:7-10, 11, 13-17: 7 Yahweh said to Joshua, 'This very day, I shall ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 114:1-2, 3-4, 5-6: 1 Alleluia! When Israel came out of Egypt, ... Gospel, Matthew 18:21--19:1: 21 Then Peter went up to him and said, 'Lord, how often must ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Article V could be invoked. Here's what you need to know about it HD ...
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ...
- Feeling down? Here's how to change YOUR LIFE and THE WORLD from Navy ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, August 18, 2017
- BREAKING: Terror attack in Barcelona leaves at least 13 dead, dozens ...
- Ten year old girl gives birth following rape in India
- St. Helena: Saint of the Day for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 19th, 2017 HD
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and the unborn HD
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD