Jeremiah - Chapter 10
5 Like scarecrows in a melon patch, they cannot talk, they have to be carried, since they cannot walk. Have no fear of them: they can do no harm -- nor any good either!'
10 But Yahweh is the true God. He is the living God, the everlasting King. The earth quakes when he is wrathful, the nations cannot endure his fury.
11 'Tell them this, "The gods who did not make the heavens and the earth will vanish from the earth and from under these heavens." '
12 By his power he made the earth, by his wisdom set the world firm, but his discernment spread out the heavens.
18 For Yahweh says this, 'Now I shall throw out the inhabitants of the country, this time, and bring distress on them, so that they may find me!'
24 Correct me, Yahweh, but with moderation, not in your anger, or you will reduce me to nothing.
25 Pour out your anger on the nations who do not acknowledge you, and on the families that do not call on your name, for they have devoured Jacob, have devoured and made an end of him and reduced his home to desolation.
Reading 1, Sirach 6:5-17: 5 A kindly turn of speech attracts new friends, a courteous ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:12, 16, 18, 27, 34, 35: 12 Blessed are you, Yahweh, teach ... Gospel, Mark 10:1-12: 1 After leaving there, he came into the territory of Judaea and ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Anti-Catholic laws threaten religious freedoms to this day - What are ...
- St. John Theristus: Saint of the Day for Friday, February 24, 2017
- 92-year-old woman blessed with gift to help newborns
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Clinton contributor, Johnny Chung makes revealing 'life insurance' ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, February 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 26th, 2017 HD
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South Sudan HD
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.