Numbers - Chapter 26
2 'Take a census of the whole community of Israelites, by families: all those of twenty years and over, fit to bear arms in Israel.'
5 Reuben, the first-born of Israel. The sons of Reuben: for Hanoch, the Hanochite clan; for Pallu, the Palluite clan;
9 The sons of Eliab: Nemuel, Dathan and Abiram. These two, Dathan and Abiram, men of repute in the community, were the ones who revolted against Moses and Aaron; they belonged to Korah's group when it revolted against Yahweh.
12 The sons of Simeon by clans: for Nemuel, the Nemuelite clan; for Jamin, the Jaminite clan; for Jachin, the Jachinite clan;
15 The sons of Gad by clans: for Zephon, the Zephonite clan; for Haggi, the Haggite clan; for Shuni, the Shunite clan;
23 The sons of Issachar by clans: for Tola, the Tolaite clan; for Puvah, the Puvahite clan;
28 The sons of Joseph by clans: Manasseh and Ephraim.
37 These were the clans of Ephraim. They numbered thirty-two thousand five hundred men. These were the sons of Joseph by clans.
38 The sons of Benjamin by clans: for Bela, the Belaite clan; for Ashbel, the Ashbelite clan; for Ahiram, the Ahiramite clan;
41 These were the sons of Benjamin by clans. They numbered forty-five thousand six hundred men.
51 Of the Israelites thus numbered, there were six hundred and one thousand seven hundred and thirty men.
52 Yahweh then spoke to Moses and said,
55 The sharing out of the country must, however, be done by lot. Each will receive a heritage proportionate to the number of names in their patriarchal tribes;
56 the heritage of each tribe will be shared out by lot, depending on its larger or smaller numbers.'
57 These, by clans, are the Levites that were registered: for Gershon, the Gershonite clan; for Kohath, the Kohathite clan; for Merari, the Merarite clan.
59 Amram's wife was called Jokebed daughter of Levi, born to him in Egypt. To Amram she bore Aaron, Moses and Miriam their sister.
60 Aaron fathered Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:2-3, 36-37, 42-43
Gospel, Luke 18:1-8
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 20th, 2017 HD Video
- Has Pope Francis violated the 8th Commandment, speaking out against ...
- Pope Francis calls for end of life care to acknowledge mortality
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD Video
- St. Nerses the Great: Saint of the Day for Sunday, November 19, 2017
- Daily Readings for Sunday, November 19, 2017
- The FBI may investigate Planned Parenthood
- The Catholic Miracle. Become part of our incredible mission HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 19th, 2017 HD
- Did Pope Francis blast 'perverse attitude' of climate change deniers? HD
- Scientists warn: The end of life as we know it is near HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way