Numbers - Chapter 2
9 'The tribal forces in the camp of Judah number in all a hundred and eighty-six thousand four hundred. These will be the first to break camp.
17 'Next, the Tent of Meeting will move, since the camp of the Levites is situated in the middle of the other camps. The order of movement will be the order of encampment, each man under his own standard.
20 'Next to him: 'The tribe of Manasseh. Leader of the Manassehites: Gamaliel son of Pedahzur.
24 'The tribal forces in the camp of Ephraim number in all a hundred and eight thousand one hundred. They will be third to break camp.
Reading 1, Exodus 20:1-17: 1 Then God spoke all these words. He said,2 'I am Yahweh your ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:8, 9, 10, 11: 8 The precepts of Yahweh are honest, joy for ... Gospel, Matthew 13:18-23: 18 'So pay attention to the parable of the sower.19 When anyone ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- Cardinal Pell faces court for the first time in Australia
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD Video
- Can the Church foster peace in the Holy Land?
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD