Numbers - Chapter 12
6 Yahweh said: Listen to my words! if there is a prophet among you, I reveal myself to him in a vision, I speak to him in a dream.
9 Yahweh's anger was aroused by them. He went away,
10 and as soon as the cloud left the Tent, there was Miriam covered with a virulent skin-disease, white as snow! Aaron turned to look at her and saw that she had contracted a virulent skin-disease.
11 Aaron said to Moses: 'Oh, my Lord, please do not punish us for the sin we have been foolish enough to commit.
14 Yahweh then said to Moses, 'If her father had done no more than spit in her face, would she not be unclean for seven days? Have her shut out of the camp for seven days, and then have her brought in again.'
16 Then the people moved on from Hazeroth and pitched camp in the desert of Paran.
Reading 1, Jeremiah 20:10-13: 10 I heard so many disparaging me, 'Terror on every side! ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 69:8-10, 14, 17, 33-35: 8 I am estranged from my brothers, ... Gospel, Matthew 10:26-33: 26 'So do not be afraid of them. Everything now covered up will ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Catholic hero gifted most prestigous award after saving woman's life ...
- Is the 'Gaucho Priest' the Devil's worst nightmare?
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Anthelm: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Slovakia Catholics gift Iceland with a beautiful new church
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD