Numbers - Chapter 27
1 There then came forward the daughters of Zelophehad son of Hepher, son of Gilead, son of Machir, son of Manasseh; he belonged to the clans of Manasseh son of Joseph. His daughters' names were Mahlah, Noah, Hoglah, Milcah and Tirzah.
2 They appeared before Moses, the priest Eleazar, the leaders and the whole community, at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting, and said,
3 'Our father died in the desert. He was not a member of the party who banded together against Yahweh, Korah's party; it was for his own sin that he died without sons.
4 Why should our father's name be lost to his clan? Since he had no son, give us some property like our father's kinsmen.'
9 If he has no daughter, the heritage will go to his brothers.
10 If he has no brothers, his heritage will go to his father's brothers.
11 If his father has no brothers, his heritage will go to the member of his clan who is most nearly related; it will become his property. This will be a legal rule for the Israelites, as Yahweh has ordered Moses." '
12 Yahweh said to Moses, 'Climb this mountain of the Abarim range, and look at the country which I have given to the Israelites.
14 For you both rebelled in the desert of Zin when the community disputed with me and when I ordered you to assert my holiness before their eyes by means of the water.' (These were the Waters of Meribah of Kadesh, in the desert of Zin.)
21 He will present himself to the priest Eleazar who will consult Yahweh on his behalf by means of the rite of the urim; at his command, they will go out and, at his command, they will come in, he and all the Israelites with him, the whole community.'
23 laid his hands on him and gave him his orders, as Yahweh had directed through Moses.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 24:7, 8, 9, 10
Gospel, Mark 3:31-35
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 25th, 2018 HD Video
- Third Mega-quake in three weeks suggests 2018 will be a bad year for ...
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- Is God sending a warning? Third megaquake in the year suggests 2018 ...
- St. Ildephonsus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 HD
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education