Numbers - Chapter 13
1 Yahweh spoke to Moses and said,
2 'Send out men, one from each tribe, to reconnoitre the land of Canaan which I am giving the Israelites. Each of them is to be a leading man of the tribe.'
6 for the tribe of Judah, Caleb son of Jephunneh;
19 what sort of land they live on, whether it is good or poor; what sort of towns they live in, whether they are open or fortified;
21 They went up and reconnoitred the country from the desert of Zin to Rehob, the Pass of Hamath.
22 They went up by way of the Negeb as far as Hebron, where Ahiman, Sheshai and Talmai, the Anakim, lived. (Hebron was founded seven years before Tanis in Egypt.)
24 This place was called the Vale of Eshcol after the cluster which the Israelites cut there.
32 And they began disparaging to the Israelites the country they had reconnoitred, saying, 'The country we have been to reconnoitre is a country that devours its inhabitants. All the people we saw there were of enormous size.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6
Gospel, Luke 8:16-18
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Finbar: Saint of the Day for Monday, September 25, 2017
- 50 years of Israeli occupation - enough is enough!
- In the Kingdom of God No One is Unemployed
- Daily Readings for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Trump speech rocks the NFL, protests spread, but who's right?
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD