Numbers - Chapter 34
1 Yahweh spoke to Moses and said,
10 "You will then draw your eastern boundary from Hazar-Enan to Shepham.
14 for the tribe of the Reubenites with their families and the tribe of the Gadites with their families have already received their heritage; the half-tribe of Manasseh has also received its heritage.
15 These two tribes and the half-tribe have received their heritage on the other side of the Jordan by Jericho, to the east, towards the sunrise.'
16 Yahweh spoke to Moses and said:
18 and you will take one leader from each tribe to divide the country up into heritages.
19 Here are the names of these men: 'For the tribe of Judah, Caleb son of Jephunneh;
29 These were the men whom Yahweh ordered to divide Canaan into heritages for the Israelites.
Reading 1, Exodus 32:7-14: 7 Yahweh then said to Moses, 'Go down at once, for your people ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 106:19-20, 21-22, 23: 19 At Horeb they made a calf, bowed low ... Gospel, John 5:31-47: 31 Were I to testify on my own behalf, my testimony would not be ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Christian student suspended for arguing with Muslim teacher - ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 31st, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using his thoughts HD Video
- St. Peter Regulatus: Saint of the Day for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 30
- Was Jesus' portrait minted on ancient coins?
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.