Ezekiel - Chapter 47
1 He brought me back to the entrance of the Temple, where a stream flowed eastwards from under the Temple threshold, for the Temple faced east. The water flowed from under the right side of the Temple, south of the altar.
2 He took me out by the north gate and led me right round outside as far as the outer east gate where the water flowed out on the right-hand side.
3 The man went off to the east holding his measuring line and measured off a thousand cubits; he then made me wade across the stream; the water reached my ankles.
4 He measured off another thousand and made me wade across the stream again; the water reached my knees. He measured off another thousand and made me wade across the stream again; the water reached my waist.
12 Along the river, on either bank, will grow every kind of fruit tree with leaves that never wither and fruit that never fails; they will bear new fruit every month, because this water comes from the sanctuary. And their fruit will be good to eat and the leaves medicinal.'
14 You will each have a fair share of it, since I swore to your fathers that I would give it to them, and this country now falls to you as your heritage.
15 These will be the frontiers of the country. On the north, from the Great Sea, the road from Hethlon to the Pass of Hamath, Zedad,
19 On the south, from Tamar southward to the Waters of Meribah in Kadesh, to the Wadi and the Great Sea; that will be the southern frontier.
22 You must distribute it as a heritage for yourselves and the aliens settled among you who have fathered children among you, since you must treat them as citizens of Israel. They must draw lots for their heritage with you, among the tribes of Israel.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 24:7, 8, 9, 10
Gospel, Mark 3:31-35
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD Video
- Income inequality - Here's why world poverty and hunger remain a ...
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- St. Ildephonsus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education