Ezekiel - Chapter 29
1 In the tenth year, on the twelfth day of the tenth month, the word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
2 'Son of man, turn towards Pharaoh king of Egypt and prophesy against him and against the whole of Egypt.
5 I shall drop you in the desert, with all your Nile fish. You will fall in the wilds and not be taken up or buried. I shall give you as food to the wild animals and the birds of heaven,
12 I shall make Egypt the most desolate of countries; for forty years its cities will be the most desolate of wasted cities. And I shall scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them among the countries.
13 The Lord Yahweh, however, says this: After forty years have passed, I shall gather the Egyptians back from the nations where they were dispersed.
14 I shall bring the Egyptian captives back and re-install them in the land of Pathros, in the country of their origin. There they will constitute a modest kingdom.
17 In the twenty-seventh year, on the first day of the first month, the word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows:
18 'Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon has taken his army in a great expedition against Tyre. Their heads have all gone bald, their shoulders are all chafed, but even so he has derived no profit, either for himself or for his army, from the expedition mounted against Tyre.
19 Since this is so, the Lord Yahweh says this, "Look, I shall hand Egypt over to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. He will carry off its riches, loot it, put it to the sack; that will be the wages for his army.
21 "That day, I shall raise up a new stock for the House of Israel and allow you to open your mouth among them. And they will know that I am Yahweh." '
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 85:9-10, 11-12, 13-14
Gospel, Mark 1:1-8
Reading 2, Second Peter 3:8-14
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 HD Video
- Here's how Pope Francis wants to change the Lords Prayer HD Video
- Pope Saint Damasus I: Saint of the Day for Monday, December 11, 2017
- Vatican concerned over President Trump's decision in Israel
- Daily Readings for Monday, December 11, 2017
- Prepare for the Lord: Advent is a time to prepare our hearts for the ...
- After 100 years of construction, the largest Catholic church in ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 11th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 10th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 9th, 2017 HD
- 200,000 people evacuated as California burns HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way