Ezekiel - Chapter 8
2 I looked, and there was a form with the appearance of a human being. Downwards from what seemed to be the waist there was fire; and upwards from the waist there was a brilliance like the glitter of amber.
3 Something like a hand was stretched out and it took me by a lock of my hair; and the spirit lifted me between heaven and earth and, in visions from God, took me to Jerusalem, to the entrance of the inner north gate, where stands the idol that provokes jealously.
5 He said, 'Son of man, raise your eyes to the north.' I raised my eyes to the north, and there, to the north of the altar gate, stood this statue of jealousy at the entrance.
6 He said, 'Son of man, do you see what they are doing, the monstrous, loathsome things that the House of Israel is practising here, to drive me out of my sanctuary? And you will see practices more loathsome still.'
11 Seventy elders of the House of Israel were worshipping the idols -- among them Jaazaniah son of Shaphan -- each one with his censer in his hand, from which rose a fragrant cloud of incense.
12 He said, 'Son of man, have you seen what the elders of the House of Israel do in the dark, each in his personal image-shrine? They say, "Yahweh cannot see us; Yahweh has abandoned the country." '
13 He said, 'You will see them at practices more loathsome still.'
15 He said, 'Son of man, do you see that? You will see even more loathsome things than that.'
16 He then led me to the inner court of the Temple of Yahweh. And there, at the entrance to Yahweh's sanctuary, between the portico and the altar, there were about twenty-five men, with their backs to Yahweh's sanctuary and their faces turned towards the east, before the rising sun.
17 He said to me, 'Son of man, do you see that? Is it not bad enough for the House of Judah to be doing the loathsome things they are doing here? But they fill the country with violence and provoke my anger further; look at them now putting that branch to their nostrils.
18 And so I shall react in fury; I shall show neither pity nor mercy. They may cry as loudly as they like to me; I will not listen.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:1, 9, 10-11, 12-13
Gospel, Matthew 11:11-15
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., meets with Pope ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, December 15, 2017
- St. Mary Di Rosa: Saint of the Day for Friday, December 15, 2017
- Pope Francis says you need to go to Mass!
- The world's suffering little ones - don't forget them this Christmas
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
- Could it be an alien spacecraft? Scientists listening today for signals from strange object HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, December 15th, 2017 HD
- Is Facebook ripping apart human civilization? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way