Ezekiel - Chapter 10
2 He then said to the man dressed in linen, 'Go in between the wheels below the winged creatures; take a handful of burning coal from between the winged creatures and scatter it over the city.' He went in as I watched.
5 The noise of the winged creatures' wings could be heard even in the outer court, like the voice of God Almighty when he speaks.
7 One of the winged creatures then reached his hand out towards the fire between the winged creatures, took some of it and put it into the hands of the man dressed in linen, who took it and came out again.
19 These raised their wings and rose from the ground as I watched, and the wheels were beside them. They paused at the entrance to the east gate of the Temple of Yahweh, with the glory of the God of Israel over them, above.
20 This was the winged creature I had seen beneath the God of Israel by the River Chebar; I knew that they were winged creatures.
Reading 1, Acts 5:27-33: 27 When they had brought them in to face the Sanhedrin, the high ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 34:2, 9, 17-18, 19-20: 2 I will praise Yahweh from my heart; ... Gospel, John 3:31-36: 31 He who comes from above is above all others; he who is of the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- The Saint Pio Foundation to Honor Hon. Rick and Karen Santorum and ...
- Has the Trump administration betrayed the Little Sisters of the Poor?
- Wait, what? Did Pope Francis just buy a private beach? Yes he did, ...
- St. Zita: Saint of the Day for Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, April 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis surprises with TED Talk appearance and powerful message ...
- Day 6 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 27th, 2017 HD
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths are underreported HD
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.