Ezekiel - Chapter 35
1 The word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
5 Since, following a long-standing hatred, you betrayed the Israelites to the sword on the day of their distress, on the day when an end came for their guilt,
8 I shall fill its mountains with its slaughtered; on your hills, in your valleys and in all your ravines, those slaughtered by the sword will fall.
12 and you will know that I, Yahweh, have heard all the blasphemies which you have uttered against the mountains of Israel, such as: They have been laid waste, they have been given to us for us to devour.
14 Lord Yahweh says this: To the joy of the whole world, I shall make you a waste.
15 Since you rejoiced because the heritage of the House of Israel had been laid waste, I shall do the same to you, Mount Seir; and you will become a waste, and so will the whole of Edom; and they will know that I am Yahweh.' "
Reading 1, Acts 17:15, 22--18:1: 15 Paul's escort took him as far as Athens, and went back ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14: 1 Alleluia! Praise Yahweh from the ... Gospel, John 16:12-15: 12 I still have many things to say to you but they would be too ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Which unique characteristic lies within Pope Francis' new cardinals?
- A message from Heaven: God is the only way to peace
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD Video
- St. David I of Scotland: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- How bad is religious freedom in the U.S.? Supreme Court Justice Alito ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD Video
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD
- Fatima apparitions to be featured in dramatic new film HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.