Ezekiel - Chapter 12
1 The word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
3 So, son of man, pack an exile's bundle and set off for exile by daylight while they watch. You will leave your home and go somewhere else while they watch. Then perhaps they will see that they are a tribe of rebels.
4 You will pack your baggage like an exile's bundle, by daylight, while they watch, and leave like an exile in the evening, while they watch.
7 I did as I had been told. I packed my baggage like an exile's bundle, by daylight; and in the evening I made a hole through the wall with my hands; then I went out into the dark and shouldered my pack while they watched.
8 Next morning the word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
15 Then they will know that I am Yahweh, when I scatter them throughout the nations and disperse them in foreign countries.
16 But I shall let a few of them escape the sword, famine and plague, to describe all their loathsome practices to the peoples among whom they will go, so that these too may know that I am Yahweh." '
17 The word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
19 and you are to say to the people of the country, "The Lord Yahweh says this to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. They will shudder apprehensively as they eat their food, and drink their water in fear, so that the country and its population may be freed from the violence of its inhabitants.
20 When the populous cities have been destroyed and the country has been reduced to desert, then you will know that I am Yahweh." '
21 The word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
22 'Son of man, what do you understand by the saying pronounced over the land of Israel, "Days go by and visions fade"?
23 'Very well, tell them, "The Lord Yahweh says this: I shall put an end to this saying; it will never be used in Israel again." Instead, tell them: "The days are coming when every vision will come true,
26 The word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
27 'Son of man, the House of Israel is now saying, "The vision that this man sees concerns the distant future; he is prophesying for times far ahead."
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 20:1-16
Reading 2, Philippians 1:20-24, 27
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- In the Kingdom of God No One is Unemployed
- Terrifying mass shooting at Nashville church leaves several injured
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Finbar: Saint of the Day for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Inspiring martyred Oklahoma priest officially beatified
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD