Ezekiel - Chapter 26
1 In the eleventh year, on the first of the month, the word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
2 'Son of man, since Tyre has said of Jerusalem: "Aha! She is shattered, the Gateway to the Nations; she now gives way to me. Her riches are ruined!"
4 I shall raise many nations against you as the sea raises its waves. They will destroy the walls of Tyre, they will demolish her towers; I shall sweep the dust of her away and reduce her to a naked rock.
9 he will pound your walls with his battering-rams, and demolish your towers with his siege-engines.
10 His horses are so many that their dust will hide you. The noise of his horsemen and his chariot-wheels will make your walls tremble as he enters your gates as though storming into a city through the breach.
12 Your wealth will be seized, your merchandise looted, your walls rased, your luxurious houses shattered, your stones, your timbers, your very dust, thrown into the sea.
13 I shall put an end to the sound of your songs; the sound of your harps will not be heard again.
14 I shall reduce you to a naked rock, and make you into a drying-ground for fishing-nets, never to be rebuilt; for I, Yahweh, have spoken -declares the Lord Yahweh."
16 All the princes of the sea will leave their thrones, lay aside their cloaks, take off their embroidered robes. Dressed in terror they will sit on the ground trembling incessantly, stunned at your fate.
17 "They will raise the lament for you as follows: You are destroyed then, vanished from the seas, famous city, former sea-power, who with her citizens, used to spread terror all over the mainland!
20 when I fling you down with those who go down into the abyss, with the people of long ago, and put you deep in the underworld, in the ruins of long ago with those who sink into oblivion, so that you can never come back or be restored to the land of the living,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 50:1-2, 5-6, 14-15
Gospel, Luke 9:41-44
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Priest: Adoration has made Juarez safer
- Deacon Keith Fournier on Thanksgiving Day and the Need to Return to God
- Bl. Miguel Pro: Saint of the Day for Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Quotes of the Saints - Five saints have a message for you on this ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Will 2018 be the year the Big One hits California? The news media makes a shocking claim HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, November 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, November 24th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way