Acts of Apostles - Chapter 20
Acts of Apostles Chapters
1 When the disturbance was over, Paul sent for the disciples and, after speaking words of encouragement to them, said good -- bye and set out for Macedonia.
4 He was accompanied by Sopater, son of Pyrrhus, who came from Beroea; Aristarchus and Secundus who came from Thessalonica; Gaius from Derbe, and Timothy, as well as Tychicus and Trophimus who were from Asia.
5 They all went on to Troas where they waited for us.
6 We ourselves left Philippi by ship after the days of Unleavened Bread and joined them five days later at Troas, where we stayed for a week.
9 and as Paul went on and on, a young man called Eutychus who was sitting on the window-sill grew drowsy and was overcome by sleep and fell to the ground three floors below. He was picked up dead.
10 Paul went down and stooped to clasp the boy to him, saying, 'There is no need to worry, there is still life in him.'
17 From Miletus he sent for the elders of the church of Ephesus.
18 When they arrived he addressed these words to them: 'You know what my way of life has been ever since the first day I set foot among you in Asia,
19 how I have served the Lord in all humility, with all the sorrows and trials that came to me through the plots of the Jews.
23 except that the Holy Spirit, in town after town, has made it clear to me that imprisonment and persecution await me.
26 And so on this very day I swear that my conscience is clear as far as all of you are concerned,
35 By every means I have shown you that we must exert ourselves in this way to support the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, who himself said, "There is more happiness in giving than in receiving." '
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19
Gospel, Matthew 17:10-13
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Australia asks Church to end celibacy and confession to fight child ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, December 17, 2017
- Indonesia rejects law that would criminalize sex outside of marriage
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Olympias: Saint of the Day for Sunday, December 17, 2017
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- Church reviews possible Catholic hospital mega-merger
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way