Acts of Apostles - Chapter 24
Acts of Apostles Chapters
1 Five days later the high priest Ananias came down with some of the elders and an advocate named Tertullus, and they laid information against Paul before the governor.
7 'I know that you have administered justice over this nation for many years, and I can therefore speak with confidence in my defence.
8 If you ask him you can find out for yourself the truth of all our accusations against this man.'
9 The Jews supported him, asserting that these were the facts.
11 As you can verify for yourself, it is no more than twelve days since I went up to Jerusalem on pilgrimage,
13 neither can they give you any proof of the accusations they are making against me now.
14 'What I do admit to you is this: it is according to the Way, which they describe as a sect, that I worship the God of my ancestors, retaining my belief in all points of the Law and in what is written in the prophets;
25 But when Paul began to treat of uprightness, self-control and the coming Judgement, Felix took fright and said, 'You may go for the present; I will send for you when I find it convenient.'
Reading 1, Jeremiah 20:10-13: 10 I heard so many disparaging me, 'Terror on every side! ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 69:8-10, 14, 17, 33-35: 8 I am estranged from my brothers, ... Gospel, Matthew 10:26-33: 26 'So do not be afraid of them. Everything now covered up will ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD