Acts of Apostles - Chapter 21
Acts of Apostles Chapters
6 then, after saying good -- bye to each other, we went aboard and they returned home.
7 The end of our voyage from Tyre came when we landed at Ptolemais, where we greeted the brothers and stayed one day with them.
11 He came up to us, took Paul's belt and tied up his own feet and hands, and said, 'This is what the Holy Spirit says, "The man to whom this girdle belongs will be tied up like this by the Jews in Jerusalem and handed over to the gentiles." '
14 And so, as he would not be persuaded, we gave up the attempt, saying, 'The Lord's will be done.'
17 On our arrival in Jerusalem the brothers gave us a very warm welcome.
21 and what they have heard about you is that you instruct all Jews living among the gentiles to break away from Moses, authorising them not to circumcise their children or to follow the customary practices.
22 What is to be done? A crowd is sure to gather, for they will hear that you have come.
24 take these men along and be purified with them and pay all the expenses connected with the shaving of their heads. This will let everyone know there is no truth in the reports they have heard about you, and that you too observe the Law by your way of life.
25 About the gentiles who have become believers, we have written giving them our decision that they must abstain from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from illicit marriages.'
26 So the next day Paul took the men along and was purified with them, and he visited the Temple to give notice of the time when the period of purification would be over and the offering would have to be presented on behalf of each of them.
28 shouting, 'Men of Israel, help! This is the man who preaches to everyone everywhere against our people, against the Law and against this place. He has even profaned this Holy Place by bringing Greeks into the Temple.'
39 'I?' said Paul, 'I am a Jew and a citizen of the well-known city of Tarsus in Cilicia. Please give me permission to speak to the people.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 49:6-7, 8-10, 17-18, 19-20
Gospel, Luke 8:1-3
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- St. Padre Pio: Saint of the Day for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD
Slow Burning Virtual Prayer Candle
Your contribution helps to maintain this corner of Catholic ... @ $11.25