FREE Catholic Classes
The canopy, in general, is an ornamental covering of cloth, stone, wood, or metal, used to crown an altar, throne, pulpit, statue, etc. In liturgical language, the term is commonly employed to designate
- the structure covering an altar, formerly fitted with curtains and supported on four pillars;
- the covering suspended over the throne occupied by dignitaries of the Church or princes;
- the covering under which the Blessed Sacrament is sometimes borne in processions etc.
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Help Now >
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saint of the Day for Thursday, Sept 21st, 2023
Saints & Angels
Mysteries of the Rosary
Female / Women Saints
Planet Niburu: What's going to happen on Sept 23?
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Daily Readings for Friday, September 22, 2023
- St. Thomas of Villanueva: Saint of the Day for Friday, September 22, 2023
- Prayer to Our Mother of Perpetual Help: Prayer of the Day for Friday, September 22, 2023
- Daily Readings for Thursday, September 21, 2023
- St. Matthew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Nuptial Blessing, Longer: Prayer of the Day for Thursday, September 21, 2023
Copyright 2023 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2023 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.