FREE Catholic Classes
The canopy, in general, is an ornamental covering of cloth, stone, wood, or metal, used to crown an altar, throne, pulpit, statue, etc. In liturgical language, the term is commonly employed to designate
- the structure covering an altar, formerly fitted with curtains and supported on four pillars;
- the covering suspended over the throne occupied by dignitaries of the Church or princes;
- the covering under which the Blessed Sacrament is sometimes borne in processions etc.
Help Now >
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
St. Maria Goretti
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 6th, 2022
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Female / Women Saints
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Saint Feast Days in July
The Apostles' Creed
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 07, 2022
- Bl. Ralph Milner: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 07, 2022
- Prayer to God the Father: Prayer of the Day for Thursday, July 07, 2022
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- St. Maria Goretti: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- Prayer to the Holy Trinity: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.