Deuteronomy - Chapter 6
2 And hence, if, throughout your lives, you fear Yahweh your God and keep all his laws and commandments, which I am laying down for you today, you will live long, you and your child and your grandchild.
7 You shall tell them to your children, and keep on telling them, when you are sitting at home, when you are out and about, when you are lying down and when you are standing up;
11 with houses full of good things you have not provided, with wells you have not dug, with vineyards and olive trees you have not planted, and then, when you have eaten as much as you want,
12 be careful you do not forget Yahweh who has brought you out of Egypt, out of the place of slave-labour.
13 Yahweh your God is the one you must fear, him alone you must serve, his is the name by which you must swear.
17 Keep the commandments of Yahweh your God, and his instructions and laws which he has laid down for you,
22 Before our eyes, Yahweh worked great and terrible signs and wonders against Egypt, against Pharaoh and his entire household.
Reading 1, Song of Songs 3:1-4,: 1 On my bed at night I sought the man who is my ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 63:2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9: 2 Thus I have gazed on you in the ... Gospel, John 20:1-2, 11-18: 1 It was very early on the first day of the week and still ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Video captures moment killer quake strikes in Greece
- Daily Readings for Saturday, July 22, 2017
- St. Mary Magdalene: Saint of the Day for Saturday, July 22, 2017
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD