Deuteronomy - Chapter 16
3 You must not eat leavened bread with this; for seven days you must eat it with unleavened bread -- the bread of affliction -- since you left Egypt in great haste; this is so that, as long as you live, you will remember the day you came out of Egypt.
4 For seven days no leaven must be found in any house throughout your territory, nor must any of the meat that you sacrifice in the evening of the first day be kept overnight until the next day.
9 'You must count seven weeks, counting these seven weeks from the time you begin to put your sickle into the standing corn.
11 You must rejoice in the presence of Yahweh your God, in the place where Yahweh your God chooses to give his name a home, you, your son and your daughter, your serving men and women, the Levite living in your community, the foreigner, the orphan and the widow living among you.
13 'You must celebrate the feast of Shelters for seven days, at the time when you gather in the produce of your threshing-floor and winepress.
14 You must rejoice at your feast, you, your son and your daughter, your serving men and women, the Levite, the foreigner, the orphan and the widow living in your community.
15 For seven days, you must celebrate the feast for Yahweh your God in the place chosen by Yahweh; for Yahweh your God will bless you in all your produce and in all your undertakings, so that you will have good reason to rejoice.
16 'Three times a year all your menfolk must appear before Yahweh your God in the place chosen by him: at the feast of Unleavened Bread, at the feast of Weeks, at the feast of Shelters. No one must appear empty-handed before Yahweh,
21 'You must not plant a sacred pole of any wood whatsoever beside the altar which you erect for Yahweh your God;
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:20, 21-22, 27-28
Gospel, Mark 2:23-28
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Here's why the 2018 flu season is so bad - Doctors plead: stay home ...
- Eminem speaks about his experience with abortion
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Anthony the Abbot: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become ...
- Now more than 215 million persecuted Christians worldwide
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 HD
- Twitter Ban: Censorship on "a way of talking" -- does that include Christian speech? HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 16th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 15th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way