Deuteronomy - Chapter 16
3 You must not eat leavened bread with this; for seven days you must eat it with unleavened bread -- the bread of affliction -- since you left Egypt in great haste; this is so that, as long as you live, you will remember the day you came out of Egypt.
4 For seven days no leaven must be found in any house throughout your territory, nor must any of the meat that you sacrifice in the evening of the first day be kept overnight until the next day.
9 'You must count seven weeks, counting these seven weeks from the time you begin to put your sickle into the standing corn.
11 You must rejoice in the presence of Yahweh your God, in the place where Yahweh your God chooses to give his name a home, you, your son and your daughter, your serving men and women, the Levite living in your community, the foreigner, the orphan and the widow living among you.
13 'You must celebrate the feast of Shelters for seven days, at the time when you gather in the produce of your threshing-floor and winepress.
14 You must rejoice at your feast, you, your son and your daughter, your serving men and women, the Levite, the foreigner, the orphan and the widow living in your community.
15 For seven days, you must celebrate the feast for Yahweh your God in the place chosen by Yahweh; for Yahweh your God will bless you in all your produce and in all your undertakings, so that you will have good reason to rejoice.
16 'Three times a year all your menfolk must appear before Yahweh your God in the place chosen by him: at the feast of Unleavened Bread, at the feast of Weeks, at the feast of Shelters. No one must appear empty-handed before Yahweh,
21 'You must not plant a sacred pole of any wood whatsoever beside the altar which you erect for Yahweh your God;
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 40:7-8, 8-9, 10, 17
Gospel, Luke 12:35-38
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Skeptic explores demonic possession, admits it can be 'very real' HD ...
- Are you called to be a missionary? The answer is YES YOU ARE!
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Skeptic filmmaker explores demonic possession, admits it can be 'very ...
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- St. Anthony Mary Claret: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Pope Francis speaks about putting God first and reality
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way