Help Now >
My Phone Call - Angel Stories
My mother died in 1971, one month before I turned 19..we were all very upset that she died at such an early age (50). She had just completed college in 1969 and was in the process of fulfilling her dream of being a registered nurse.
As a nurse, it was required that all nurses and doctors have a routine chest xray every year. She had been working about a year when her xray was due to be done. She had the xray and it was discovered that she had numerous tumors on her lungs.
The next week she was scheduled for surgery...it was expected to be a 4 hour surgery...we knew something was wrong when the doctor came out after only 1 hour. He said that he had some bad news for us..it was an open and shut surgery..there were too many tumors to operate....they treated her with experimental chemo. 3 months after the lung cancer was discovered...they found that she had a brain tumor..this time they operated and removed it....as the months went by..she was not getting better...they did a CAT scan and found while the "hole" where they took the tumor out was trying to heal...her brain was "tearing" at another place..about this time it was discovered she had a tumor that was inoperable...to make a long story short...she passed away after a long year of fighting the disease.
My father consoled me the best he could..after all..he was just as upset as I was..he lived another 8 years and then he went to join my mom.
My husband and I were staying in my fathers house so it would not be empty for anyone to rob the place. A few days after we buried my dad...my hubby and I were in bed..sleeping and the phone woke me up. I had to get out of bed...walk down the hall, thru the kitchen into the dining room to answer the phone. I picked it up and at the other end I heard a woman's voice.."Barbara" ???..I said..yeah it's me..who is this...She said..it is mommy...I said yeah.?? what is up?..she said..." it is ok..go on with your life..your father is up here with me". I said.ok momma...I love you..she said..I love you Barbie...I hung up the phone and went back to bed..my husband asked me the next morning who was on the phone..I said ...Mom..she called to let me know Dad was with her...He said I was crazy....I let it go..I know Im not crazy..he just didnt believe in angels...He and I split up the next year..
I hope you dont mind me posting my story..Im not Catholic..but I was raised that people are people..no matter what religion...
God Bless You...
This Christmas Season, we humbly ask you to join the 1% of readers who give. If everyone reading this right now gave just $5, we'd hit our annual goal in a couple of hours. The price of a cup of coffee is all we ask. Thank you. Help Now >
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 1 - 50 of 323
- Miracle, by BarbE
- Personal Encounter with St. Michael The Archangel, by Melanie King
- Angel in the rearview mirror, by Virginia Smith
- Guardian Angel, by Marilyn K.
- Angel found a problem., by Chris
- St. Michael Caretaker, by Pat
- My sister, my guardian angel, by Nancy
- Homeless Angel, by Barbara Romanowski
- Angel at the train station., by Colette
- Then Two Appeared, by Russell Gooding
- Unexplain incident, by Roda
- A New Light During Death, by Julia
- A beautiful night, by Riena
- Angels of the Mall, by Emmanuel Tio
- The sign, by Wren
- Horse riding, by Harriet
- My Dead Baby is an Angel, by Marina Montoya
- My Most Precious Jules, by Doreen Rodriguez
- My angel butterfly, by Mandy
- Angel in my dream, by Sha-Toya
- St. Michael and the Church Lights!, by KevinGH
- The Protection of Love, by Mark
- Spared Again, by Paula Garon
- To The Rescue, by Marjorie Navara
- Might of been an angel., by Gladys
- The Visitor, by Lilliana Olazaran
- Rapture Drill, by Amy S.
- Unknown Messanger, by Rose
- An Angel With Disintegrating Body, by Emmanuel Tio
- Angel of Death or Angel of Mercy?, by V
- Penny from my Gaurdian Angel, by Daisy Doll
- How I started Rosary prayer, by zemelak
- Mary and Jesus, by Elie Khoury
- Three saved by an a Angel, by Irma Vela
- Angel of Life, by Zoey
- Smiling Jesus, by Luke C
- The Angel in the Store, by david.c
- Angels watching over us, by Gloria Los Banos
- My Phone Call, by Barbara
- Touched by heaven and earth angel, by John
- St. Anthony, by David Day
- My Guardian Angel saved me from great harm, by Joan
- An Angel without wings, by Mary William
- Angel in Red, by Michael Drew
- An angels love, by Grace
- Encounter with an archangel, by June Warner
- Holy Angels Among Us, by Rebecca
- My Angel, by Beverly
- Mother's Love, by Julie
- Norah's Life, by Julie
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Help Now >
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
St. Faustina Kowalska
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint of the Day for Wednesday, Oct 4th, 2023
St. Francis of Assisi
Female / Women Saints
7 Morning Prayers you need to get your day started with God
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Daily Readings for Sunday, December 03, 2023
- St. Francis Xavier: Saint of the Day for Sunday, December 03, 2023
- Prayer to Saint Therese De Lisieux for Guidance: Prayer of the Day for Sunday, December 03, 2023
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 02, 2023
- St. Bibiana: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 02, 2023
- The Angelus: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, December 02, 2023
Help Now >
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Copyright 2023 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2023 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.