Then Two Appeared - Angel Stories
By: Russell Gooding
Since the time of my teenage years I wanted to feel close to God and live a life that would be pleasing to Him. My religion came under fire for the many things failures and heartache that occurred in my life. I began to question God and why he would let me suffer so much. My business in Montreal began to crumble and the pressure was so great that I simply could not stand it anymore. One Friday night I wanted to surprise my wife, who had to take a job selling dresses in a discount shop on the main street of downtown.
There was over a foot of snow on the ground and a tremendous blizzard swirling through the deserted streets. I had to be in front of the store at 10 pm when they closed. Getting down to my car at 15 minutes to 10 I discovered my front tire was flat. I took out my little electric pump and blew up the tire as was on my way. The shop was only 8 blocks from our apartment and I did the dumbest thing by driving through the street lights instead of turning right. The first driveway I saw I turned into so I could turn around and go back up to the lights but as I drove into the lane between two small office building office buildings I new I made a mistake.
The snow was not plowed on the narrow passage and I was afraid if I stopped I would be stuck so I gunned it down the 80 feet into a small lot at the rear of the buildings. Quickly doing a 3 point turn my headlights illuminating the walls of the buildings it was as the city streets completely deserted. Heading back down the drive I got stuck 50 feet from the street. No amount of rocking the car was going to free me as I had no snow tires on and was buried fast. I looked at the clock and it was three minutes to 10 and knowing my wife would soon be trudging through the deep snow I was overcome by a sense of hopeless panic. I lowered my head and uttered the words, "God Please Help Me".
The last word scarcely passed my lips when I felt the back of the car almost lift of the ground. Looking into the rear view mirror I thought something had hit my car and I quickly turned my head to see 2 giant men shoulder to shoulder covering the width of the back of the car. I could not see their faces as their heads were down leaning into the car. My mind confused by this sight as I knew there was no one at the rear of the building and they could not have pass me down the drive because the mirrors of the car were inches from the sides of the buildings.
Hit the gas flashed into my mind and within seconds I traveled all the way down the lane to the street and just before I turned onto the road I looked into the rear view and watched the two hulking men disappear before my eyes. I arrived at the shop just as my wife exited the shop. It brought my eyes to tears to understand that God new when I was at the breaking point and sent two angels to lift my car and my spirit.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 1 - 50 of 323
- Miracle, by BarbE
- Personal Encounter with St. Michael The Archangel, by Melanie King
- Angel in the rearview mirror, by Virginia Smith
- Guardian Angel, by Marilyn K.
- Angel found a problem., by Chris
- St. Michael Caretaker, by Pat
- My sister, my guardian angel, by Nancy
- Homeless Angel, by Barbara Romanowski
- Angel at the train station., by Colette
- Then Two Appeared, by Russell Gooding
Help Now >
- Unexplain incident, by Roda
- A New Light During Death, by Julia
- A beautiful night, by Riena
- Angels of the Mall, by Emmanuel Tio
- The sign, by Wren
- Horse riding, by Harriet
- My Dead Baby is an Angel, by Marina Montoya
- My Most Precious Jules, by Doreen Rodriguez
- My angel butterfly, by Mandy
- Angel in my dream, by Sha-Toya
- St. Michael and the Church Lights!, by KevinGH
- The Protection of Love, by Mark
- Spared Again, by Paula Garon
- To The Rescue, by Marjorie Navara
- Might of been an angel., by Gladys
- The Visitor, by Lilliana Olazaran
- Rapture Drill, by Amy S.
- Unknown Messanger, by Rose
- An Angel With Disintegrating Body, by Emmanuel Tio
- Angel of Death or Angel of Mercy?, by V
This Christmas Season, we humbly ask you to join the 1% of readers who give. If everyone reading this right now gave just $5, we'd hit our annual goal in a couple of hours. The price of a cup of coffee is all we ask. Thank you. Help Now >
- Penny from my Gaurdian Angel, by Daisy Doll
- How I started Rosary prayer, by zemelak
- Mary and Jesus, by Elie Khoury
- Three saved by an a Angel, by Irma Vela
- Angel of Life, by Zoey
- Smiling Jesus, by Luke C
- The Angel in the Store, by david.c
- Angels watching over us, by Gloria Los Banos
- My Phone Call, by Barbara
- Touched by heaven and earth angel, by John
- St. Anthony, by David Day
- My Guardian Angel saved me from great harm, by Joan
- An Angel without wings, by Mary William
- Angel in Red, by Michael Drew
- An angels love, by Grace
- Encounter with an archangel, by June Warner
- Holy Angels Among Us, by Rebecca
- My Angel, by Beverly
- Mother's Love, by Julie
- Norah's Life, by Julie
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
St. Faustina Kowalska
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint of the Day for Wednesday, Oct 4th, 2023
St. Francis of Assisi
Female / Women Saints
7 Morning Prayers you need to get your day started with God
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 02, 2023
- St. Bibiana: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 02, 2023
- The Angelus: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, December 02, 2023
- Daily Readings for Friday, December 01, 2023
- St. Eligius: Saint of the Day for Friday, December 01, 2023
- Advent Wreath Prayer: Prayer of the Day for Friday, December 01, 2023
Copyright 2023 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2023 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.