The Proverbs - Chapter 15
The Proverbs Chapters
2 The tongue of the wise makes knowledge welcome, the mouth of a fool spews folly.
3 The eyes of Yahweh are everywhere: observing the wicked and the good.
9 The conduct of the wicked is abhorrent to Yahweh, but he loves the person whose goal is uprightness.
10 Correction is severe for one who leaves the way; whoever hates being reprimanded will die.
12 The mocker does not care to be reprimanded, and will not choose the wise as companions.
13 Glad heart means happy face, where the heart is sad the spirit is broken.
16 Better to have little and with it fear of Yahweh than immense wealth and with it anxiety.
17 Better a dish of herbs when love is there than a fattened ox and hatred to go with it.
24 For the prudent, the path of life leads upwards thus avoiding Sheol below.
29 Yahweh keeps his distance from the wicked, but he listens to the prayers of the upright.
33 The fear of Yahweh is a school of wisdom, before there can be glory, there must be humility.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 20:1-16
Reading 2, Philippians 1:20-24, 27
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Inspiring martyred Oklahoma priest officially beatified
- Terrifying mass shooting at Nashville church leaves several injured
- In the Kingdom of God No One is Unemployed
- St. Finbar: Saint of the Day for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD