The Proverbs - Chapter 15
The Proverbs Chapters
2 The tongue of the wise makes knowledge welcome, the mouth of a fool spews folly.
3 The eyes of Yahweh are everywhere: observing the wicked and the good.
9 The conduct of the wicked is abhorrent to Yahweh, but he loves the person whose goal is uprightness.
10 Correction is severe for one who leaves the way; whoever hates being reprimanded will die.
12 The mocker does not care to be reprimanded, and will not choose the wise as companions.
13 Glad heart means happy face, where the heart is sad the spirit is broken.
16 Better to have little and with it fear of Yahweh than immense wealth and with it anxiety.
17 Better a dish of herbs when love is there than a fattened ox and hatred to go with it.
24 For the prudent, the path of life leads upwards thus avoiding Sheol below.
29 Yahweh keeps his distance from the wicked, but he listens to the prayers of the upright.
33 The fear of Yahweh is a school of wisdom, before there can be glory, there must be humility.
Reading 1, Wisdom 12:13, 16-19: 13 For there is no god, other than you, who cares for ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 86:5-6, 9-10, 15-16: 5 Lord, you are kind and forgiving, rich ... Gospel, Matthew 13:24-43: 24 He put another parable before them, 'The kingdom of Heaven ... Reading ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Bridget of Sweden: Saint of the Day for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- Video captures moment killer quake strikes in Greece
- Daily Readings for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD