The Proverbs - Chapter 13
The Proverbs Chapters
1 A wise child listens to a father's discipline, a cynic will not listen to reproof.
3 A guard on the mouth makes life secure, whoever talks too much is lost.
5 The upright hates a lying word, but the wicked slanders and defames.
6 Uprightness stands guard over one whose way is honest, sin causes the ruin of the wicked.
10 Insolence breeds only disputes, wisdom lies with those who take advice.
11 A sudden fortune will dwindle away, accumulation little by little is the way to riches.
16 Anyone of discretion acts by the light of knowledge, the fool parades his folly.
18 Whoever rejects discipline wins poverty and scorn; for anyone who accepts correction: honour.
20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, whoever mixes with fools will be ruined.
22 The good bequeaths a heritage to children's children, the wealth of the sinner is stored away for the upright.
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:14-15: 14 Zion was saying, 'Yahweh has abandoned me, the Lord has ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 62:2-3, 6-7, 8-9: 2 he alone is my rock, my safety, my ... Gospel, Matthew 6:24-34: 24 'No one can be the slave of two masters: he will either hate ... Reading 2, ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Leander of Seville: Saint of the Day for Monday, February 27, 2017
- 110-year-old nun shares the secret to a long life
- 'While high on heroin, I started reading the New Testament' - Amazing ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, February 27, 2017
- The world loses another Christian actor - Bill Paxton dead at 61
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 26th, 2017 HD
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South Sudan HD
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.