The Proverbs - Chapter 13
The Proverbs Chapters
1 A wise child listens to a father's discipline, a cynic will not listen to reproof.
3 A guard on the mouth makes life secure, whoever talks too much is lost.
5 The upright hates a lying word, but the wicked slanders and defames.
6 Uprightness stands guard over one whose way is honest, sin causes the ruin of the wicked.
10 Insolence breeds only disputes, wisdom lies with those who take advice.
11 A sudden fortune will dwindle away, accumulation little by little is the way to riches.
16 Anyone of discretion acts by the light of knowledge, the fool parades his folly.
18 Whoever rejects discipline wins poverty and scorn; for anyone who accepts correction: honour.
20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, whoever mixes with fools will be ruined.
22 The good bequeaths a heritage to children's children, the wealth of the sinner is stored away for the upright.
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:8-15: 8 Thus says Yahweh: At the time of my favour I have answered ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:8-9, 13-14, 17-18: 8 Yahweh is tenderness and pity, slow to ... Gospel, John 5:17-30: 17 His answer to them was, 'My Father still goes on working, and I ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Peter Regulatus: Saint of the Day for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Another Mexican priest is killed, making him the 32 known clergyman ...
- Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using his thoughts HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 31st, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 30
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Baby murderer encounters the Holy Virgin, who transforms him into a ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.