The Proverbs - Chapter 11
The Proverbs Chapters
2 Pride comes first; disgrace soon follows; with the humble is wisdom found.
4 In the day of retribution riches will be useless, but uprightness delivers from death.
5 The uprightness of the good makes their way straight, the wicked fall by their own wickedness.
9 Through his mouth the godless is the ruin of his neighbour, but by knowledge the upright are safeguarded.
11 A city is raised on the blessing of the honest, and demolished by the mouth of the wicked.
12 Whoever looks down on a neighbour lacks good sense; the intelligent keeps a check on the tongue.
16 A gracious woman acquires honour, violent people acquire wealth.
22 A golden ring in the snout of a pig is a lovely woman who lacks discretion.
23 The hope of the upright is nothing but good, the expectation of the wicked is retribution.
26 The people's curse is on those who hoard the wheat, their blessing on the head of those who sell it.
Reading 1, Acts 2:14, 22-28: 14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven and addressed them in ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11: 1 [In a quiet voice Of David] Protect ... Gospel, Luke 24:13-35: 13 Now that very same day, two of them were on their way to a ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, May 01, 2017
- St. Marculf: Saint of the Day for Monday, May 01, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- 'Correspond with the Pope' - Woman's inspiring journey to honor late ...
- READ NOW - Full transcript of Pope Francis' nuclear war in-flight message
- Pope Francis talks nuclear war - 'Things are already hot'
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.