The Proverbs - Chapter 28
The Proverbs Chapters
2 A country in revolt throws up many leaders: with one person wise and experienced, you have stability.
6 Better someone poor living an honest life than someone of devious ways however rich.
9 Whoever refuses to listen to the Law, such a one's very prayer is an abomination.
11 The rich may think himself wise, but the intelligent poor will unmask him.
16 An unenlightened ruler is rich in rapacity, one who hates greed will lengthen his days.
23 Anyone who reproves another will enjoy more favour in the end than the flatterer.
26 Whoever trusts his own wit is a fool, anyone whose ways are wise will be safe.
Reading 1, Joshua 24:14-29: 14 'So now, fear Yahweh and serve him truly and sincerely; ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11: 1 [In a quiet voice Of David] Protect me, O ... Gospel, Matthew 19:13-15: 13 Then people brought little children to him, for him to lay ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- New Jersey Mayor dismantles shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux: Saint of the Day for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD